Have never regretted loving.
Not every love lasts or every heart stays
and neither every goodbye is kind.
Love is never a transaction.
We spend so much of our lives
measuring love by what comes back to us.
Did they love me enough? Or Stay? Or Choose Me?
Did they appreciate all that I gave?
Perhaps those are the wrong questions.
Love isn't diminished if it isn't returned in equal measure.
Nor is it wasted because it changes form.
A mother's sleepless nights.
A father's quiet sacrifices.
A sibling who always answers the phone.
A friend who remembers the smallest details.
The hand that reaches for an ageing parent.
The heart that breaks a million pieces
over the loss of a beloved pet.
None of these loves asks to be counted. They simply exist.
Have loved people who are no longer part of my life.
And have loved beings who didn't speak my language,
yet understood my heart perfectly.
Love never really leaves us. It changes addresses.
What you give to one soul does not
disappear because that chapter ends.
It becomes part of who you are.
It softens you, expands you.
Teaches you to see the world with gentler eyes.
Eventually, it finds its way back.
Sometimes through a child who trusts you;
Sometimes through an old friend.
Sometimes through the quiet
companionship of an animal.
Sometimes through the profound peace that
comes from knowing you lived with an open heart.
Love is not a possession to lose. It is a way of being.
Not measured by how many remain but by whether we continue
to choose tenderness in a world that often rewards indifference.
So I have never wished I had loved less.
Because every act of love -
whether returned, forgotten, celebrated, or unspoken -
has shaped the person I am becoming.
I believe love is something we become.
And once it becomes who we are,
it always finds its way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment