Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Affection Magnet

Life has its shares of travails. At times we share a few strands with some who are either close to us or with some who touch us in a way that makes us feel like sharing the same. To make them comprehend. But do they? Do they get us in the way we intend to?

Whilst sharing the walk of our lives, we also relive a few shards. And boy do they mar. Kind of makes you wonder, when will they ever be embalmed in the pages of history where one just kinds of glances at them and they don’t have the power to saunter back again in your life.

Today commented to mom that I was tired of walking. She reminisced about my childhood telling me that amongst my siblings, I was the one who was the first to start walking and that too without any support at all. It seems I had taken them by surprise. [It’s a different matter that later on in their lives’ I did bestow quite a few surprises and not necessarily of the nice variants]. And if I was tired of walking then it’s just because I walked a slight bit “Abol Tabol”. I was blown away. Such simplistic reasoning to my enervated stride.

That abol tabol path has shaped the present me. Yes it did bring a few impediments along the way, but living those experiences don’t label me as an affection magnet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Culprit / Offender

Being a sales person at heart, I boil everything down to perception. Nothing is what it seems. This is true in LIFE - more ways than you can imagine.

Can you truly say that everyone in your life perceives you in the same manner? Your clients, friends, family… Does anyone actually know who you really are? Do you?

Aren’t we all selling all the time? Selling the most valuable product we know and that is one self. Trying to create a demand for it within our friends, colleagues & family we put up a perception that best suits the situation. Isn’t that the reason why no two people perceive us in the same way?

But, once in awhile the perception doesn’t hold and the other has a glimpse of the real ‘you’. Perhaps, the real ‘you’ is an “Affection Magnet”. Is that so bad? Don’t we all want the same?

“That’s the trouble with life – crap dialogue and bad lighting” Elizabeth Taylor